arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building PyArrow wheel for AWS Graviton2 (ARMv8) - Gist
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2021 15:57:53 GMT
hi Elad -- I think we'd be interested in having portable aarch64
wheels for Linux, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-10349. Would you be able
to post this information on there to help with the process?

Thanks
Wes

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 3:21 AM Elad Rosenheim <elad@dynamicyield.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> AWS are touting ~20% lower cost and (potentially) increased performance for their own
ARM-based line (cg6<x> instance family) compared to current-gen instances (c5 family).

straightforward, here's a gist I've created: https://gist.github.com/eladroz/b9437249a76de2b394d54e646d53ec5e

> My own (very non-comprehensive) test showed essentially similar performance to current-gen
Intel, but the price difference alone is interesting and in big data workloads can be significant.