arrow-user mailing list archives

From Elad Rosenheim <e...@dynamicyield.com>
Subject Re: Building PyArrow wheel for AWS Graviton2 (ARMv8) - Gist
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:13:35 GMT
Well, turns out my build only worked because I did not enable all optional
components.
One enabling them (and specifically ARROW_S3), there's an issue getting AWS
C++ SDK to install (same issue as in
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/9285 from today).
Let's see what's that all about...

Elad

On 2021/01/21 15:57:53, Wes McKinney <w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Elad -- I think we'd be interested in having portable aarch64>
> wheels for Linux, see>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-10349. Would you be able>
> to post this information on there to help with the process?>
>
> Thanks>
> Wes>
>
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 3:21 AM Elad Rosenheim <el...@dynamicyield.com>
wrote:>

> > Hi,>
> >>
> > AWS are touting ~20% lower cost and (potentially) increased performance
for their own ARM-based line (cg6<x> instance family) compared to
current-gen instances (c5 family).>

> > Turns out that compiling a Python wheel for PyArrow on Amazon Linux 2 +
Graviton is pretty straightforward, here's a gist I've created:
https://gist.github.com/eladroz/b9437249a76de2b394d54e646d53ec5e>

> > My own (very non-comprehensive) test showed essentially similar
performance to current-gen Intel, but the price difference alone is
interesting and in big data workloads can be significant.>