arrow-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Browne <tho...@crvm.io>
Subject Plasma store implementation status across client libraries
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2021 15:27:34 GMT
I am hoping to use the Apache Arrow project for cross-language numerical
computation, and for that the shared-memory idea is very powerful. Am I
correct that the Plasma Store is the enabling technology for this,
especially for soft real-time computation (ie not moving to parquet or
any file-based sharing system)?

Is that the case? And if so, then I'm wondering which client libraries,
other than Python (and I assume C[++]), implement the Plasma Store. This
table doesn't feature a row for Plasma:

https://arrow.apache.org/docs/status.html

and I can't seem to find any reference to the Plasma store in the Julia,
R, or Javascript libraries.

https://arrow.apache.org/docs/r/

https://arrow.apache.org/docs/js/

https://arrow.juliadata.org/stable/