arrow-user mailing list archives

From Igor <i...@upgini.com>
Subject Apache Arrow Java
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2020 15:07:53 GMT
Hello Apache Arrow developers!

We are using apache arrow library in java and python, using arrow-vector arrow-memory-unsafe
in java and Pyarrow in python.

We try to implement in memory zero copy DataFrame, but we can’t find appropriate API in
java libraries to get memory address of our vectors from python. I have found that API in
Pyarrow library, but not in java libraries.

What we need:
1) Create vector in java, collect data in memory using arrow as memory map API
2) Get memory address or descriptor in java
3) Pass it to the python library Pyarrow
4) Read vector data

We have problem in the point 2

Tell us please, how we can do that. Thank you!

Best regards,
Eshtyganov Igor
https://www.upgini.com <https://www.upgini.com/>