We use Clojure and have a dataframe library that does this:

https://github.com/techascent/tech.ml.dataset/

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 2:44 PM Jason Sachs <jmsachs@gmail.com> wrote:
The Python examples in https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/parquet.html are wonderful and really easy to get started; in particular this one:

    writer = pq.ParquetWriter('example2.parquet', table.schema)
    for i in range(3):
        writer.write_table(table)
    writer.close()

How would I do something similar in Java? Arrow and Parquet libraries don't seem to know about one another.

I have looked a little bit at the Javadocs at https://www.javadoc.io/doc/org.apache.parquet/parquet-column/1.10.0/index.html but my head is spinning. (although for the record most of my work is in Python and a coworker is handling the Java side... he is only slightly less confused, though)