arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Flight] TiDB Flight connector
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2020 16:38:38 GMT
We are actively discussing "FlightSQL" to provide a standardized
Flight-based interface to a SQL database

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rc4717b78f09bbf7a69347b6c126849e17323c491338fc73457cf7558%40%3Cdev.arrow.apache.org%3E

I think it would make sense for you to use this rather than building
something custom -- that way once FlightSQL ships to production,
people will be able to access TiDB out of the box with a FlightSQL
client (from one of the Arrow open source packages)

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 8:41 AM Michiel De Backker <mail@backkem.me> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're exploring adding an Arrow Flight connector to TiDB at pingcap/tidb#21056. The idea
is that it may live alongside the existing MYSQL connector. It's quite early but I already
wanted to reach out.
> One point I'd like some clarification on: Since TiDB is a SQL database, I'm wondering
if there are already standards for sending queries over the Flight protocol?