arrow-user mailing list archives

From Micah Kornfield <emkornfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blogging about Arrow/helping novice understanding
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2020 06:26:43 GMT
Hi Robin,
I took a quick skim and left a few notes it looks like a decent summary (I
don't have a working knowledge of Pandas so i can't comment on the accuracy
there).  A few thoughts:
1.  This seems mostly C++ (and related bindings) focused for the most
part.  It might be worth clarifying that there are other binding in various
states of maturity.
2.  The C++ Query Engine and Data frame library are still mostly only in
design phase (although compute kernels have seen a fair bit of progress
recently).

Hope this helps.

-Micah