arrow-user mailing list archives

From Akbar <ed.ak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions | filesystem legacy
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2020 02:18:36 GMT
apologies - I made of mess of that email. Let me try again

   - *Question 1* - pyarrow.HadoopFileSystem.download
   <https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/generated/pyarrow.HadoopFileSystem.download.html
> -
   is listed under Filesystem Interface (Legacy) (and so are all the HDFS
   APIs) - does this mean support for this is limited?
   - *Question 2* - is there an equivalent to
   pyarrow.HadoopFileSystem.download in the newer
   pyarrow.fs.HadoopFileSystem
   <https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/generated/pyarrow.fs.HadoopFileSystem.html#pyarrow.fs.HadoopFileSystem>
   .

I want to be able to fetch/download an HDFS entire file or folder to the
HOST OS filesystem - Let me know if you have any guidance