arrow-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian F <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parquet with CMake and conda
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2020 08:05:24 GMT
Thanks everyone, I just tried your solutions, but unfortunately I cannot
get it to work with conda. I just created a gist containing the two
CMakeLists I used, as well as the a file containing the example C++ code
and a script how I set up my minimal testing environment (
https://gist.github.com/frutti93/1052762023e24b8938e8a54948c6958e).

It seems to be something with conda and cmake, somehow it is able to find
the Arrow libs, but the FindParquet.cmake is not found by Cmake. Using
FindParquet.cmake directly gives me the following output (After manually add
ing INCLUDE(FindPackageHandleStandardArgs):

-- Could NOT find Parquet (missing: Parquet_DIR)
-- Checking for module 'parquet'
--   Package 'parquet', required by 'virtual:world', not found
CMake Error at
/home/sebastian/.conda/envs/testenv/share/cmake-3.18/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:165
(message):
  Could NOT find Parquet (missing: PARQUET_INCLUDE_DIR PARQUET_LIB_DIR
  PARQUET_SO_VERSION)
Call Stack (most recent call first):

/home/sebastian/.conda/envs/testenv/share/cmake-3.18/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:458
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/FindParquet.cmake:116 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:27 (find_package)

However, what does work is finding the Parquet library using find_library and
then link the libraries. But I guess this is not the "clean" way to do it...