arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parquet with CMake and conda
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2020 16:16:09 GMT
Does "ArrowMinimalExample.cmake" have ARROW_PARQUET=ON?

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 3:05 AM Sebastian F <sebfru@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone, I just tried your solutions, but unfortunately I cannot get it to work
with conda. I just created a gist containing the two CMakeLists I used, as well as the a file
containing the example C++ code and a script how I set up my minimal testing environment (https://gist.github.com/frutti93/1052762023e24b8938e8a54948c6958e).

> It seems to be something with conda and cmake, somehow it is able to find the Arrow libs,
but the FindParquet.cmake is not found by Cmake. Using FindParquet.cmake directly gives me
the following output (After manually adding INCLUDE(FindPackageHandleStandardArgs):

> -- Could NOT find Parquet (missing: Parquet_DIR)
> -- Checking for module 'parquet'
> --   Package 'parquet', required by 'virtual:world', not found
> CMake Error at /home/sebastian/.conda/envs/testenv/share/cmake-3.18/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:165
(message):
>   Could NOT find Parquet (missing: PARQUET_INCLUDE_DIR PARQUET_LIB_DIR
>   PARQUET_SO_VERSION)
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   /home/sebastian/.conda/envs/testenv/share/cmake-3.18/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:458
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>   cmake/FindParquet.cmake:116 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
>   CMakeLists.txt:27 (find_package)

> However, what does work is finding the Parquet library using find_library and then link
the libraries. But I guess this is not the "clean" way to do it...