arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error with Arrow Table and Pandas DataFrame conversion
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2020 14:44:06 GMT
Could you provide more complete details about the error (an example if
possible and the full error and stacktrace)?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 4:32 AM Xiaozhen Liu <jamie@seu.edu.cn> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I’m using pyarrow to convert an Arrow Table with a column whose type is List<Struct>
to pandas.DataFrame, and this table is passed from Java to Python using Arrow Flight. It seems
pyarrow has no problem converting this to a DataFrame, but errors when converting this DataFrame
back to Arrow Table. The error I’m getting is ArrowTypeError. The Struct has 5 child types
that are either Int or Utf8.

> Why am I getting this kind of error when forward conversion (Arrow Table -> Pandas
Dataframe) is successful? Is this a feature not implemented? And, how can I fix this?