arrow-user mailing list archives

From Marc Allen <allen.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Accessing nested lists in arrow::Table in c++
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:38:08 GMT
I'm trying to write a C++ unit test that accesses a populated arrow::Table,
where the table contains a column with a 2-D matrix, i.e. each row has a
list(list(double)). I haven't been able to figure out how to access that
data to finish this unit test. I am getting stuck here:

auto cmat = table->GetColumnByName("mat");
auto lmat = std::static_pointer_cast<arrow::ListArray>(cmat->chunk(0))
// How do I get from the parent ListArray to the child ListArrays?

I took a look at
https://arrow.apache.org/docs/cpp/examples/row_columnar_conversion.html,
but couldn't quite map it to my use case. Thanks,

-Marc