arrow-user mailing list archives

From Troy Zimmerman <tazimmer...@me.com>
Subject Re: Does gandiva support the unary minus operator?
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2020 01:47:46 GMT
Hi Neal,

Thank for you the quick response & suggestion. That is the obvious workaround I missed.
:)

As for the contributing docs, I’ll put something together and submit a PR.

Thank you again!

Best,
Troy

> On Jul 24, 2020, at 15:23, Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I can't answer the first question authoritatively, though off the top of my head, could
you translate that to `0 - x` and use the binary operator? You may also consider posting this
question to the dev@arrow.apache.org mailing list.

to add what you're talking about would be in https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/docs/source/python.

> Neal
>
>> On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 12:42 PM Troy Zimmerman <tazimmerman@me.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’ve written a small library that uses the ast module to parse a Python expression
into a Gandiva expression tree. I’d like to able to do numeric negation (i.e. -x) in an
expression, but I’ve I looked through the source code and haven’t found a way to achieve
this. (I could also be missing an obvious workaround.)

>> Separately, are there any tutorials on using the Python bindings for Gandiva? If
not, would the project be open to such a contribution? At the moment I’ve got scattershot
notes of what I’ve learned from digging through the source, but could organize them into
a brief tutorial or cookbook.