arrow-user mailing list archives

From Xiaozhen Liu <ja...@seu.edu.cn>
Subject Error with Arrow Table and Pandas DataFrame conversion
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2020 09:31:45 GMT
Hi everyone,

I’m using pyarrow to convert an Arrow Table with a column whose type is List<Struct>
to pandas.DataFrame, and this table is passed from Java to Python using Arrow Flight. It seems
pyarrow has no problem converting this to a DataFrame, but errors when converting this DataFrame
back to Arrow Table. The error I’m getting is ArrowTypeError. The Struct has 5 child types
that are either Int or Utf8.

Why am I getting this kind of error when forward conversion (Arrow Table -> Pandas Dataframe)
is successful? Is this a feature not implemented? And, how can I fix this?

Thank you.

Best,
Xiaozhen Liu