arrow-user mailing list archives

From Xiaozhen Liu <ja...@seu.edu.cn>
Subject RE: How to get started with using the Arrow Java API?
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2020 03:23:12 GMT
Hello Joris,

Thanks for your reply!
I’ve actually read your blog post before I asked my question. I think it is very well-written
and informative. Fortunately, I was able to get started with the help of your tutorial. Thank
you for sharing these!
However, maybe it will be better if there will be some official documentation if I want to
explore further. I’m beginning to see the power of Arrow and Arrow Flight in our project,
and some official documentation will be of great help if we want to continue to use Arrow
throughout our project.
Anyway, thank you so much!

Best,
Xiaozhen

From: Joris Gillis
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 4:31 PM
To: user@arrow.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to get started with using the Arrow Java API?

Hi Xiaozhen

Sorry in advance for the self-promotion.

I had the same issue, hence I wrote down what I figured out about the Java API in this blog
post: https://www.infoq.com/articles/apache-arrow-java/

Another blog post can be found here: https://github.com/animeshtrivedi/blog/blob/master/post/2017-12-26-arrow.md

And last but not least, there is some more documentation inside the source code: https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/java
In particular:
- https://arrow.apache.org/docs/java/vector.html
- https://arrow.apache.org/docs/java/vector_schema_root.html
are good starting points for exploring the API.

Best regards
Joris