arrow-user mailing list archives

From 刘晓臻 <ja...@seu.edu.cn>
Subject How to get started with using the Arrow Java API?
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2020 07:58:37 GMT
Hi,

I’m a contributor to the Texera (https://github.com/Texera/texera) project, which is an
online big data analytics system providing visual and interactive workflow. Current we’re
trying to use Arrow in our system (now we’re trying arrow for transferring data between
JVM and a python process, but maybe eventually we will adopt Arrow throughout our system).
However, there seem to be very few tutorials regarding the Java API of Arrow, and the documentation
provided by Arrow’s official website only has Maven JavaDoc, which is not very informative
as a starting point.
So where can I find the kind of documentation like that of C++ and Python API where many examples
are shown? I’ve noticed there are a few pages like this for Java (https://arrow.apache.org/docs/java/ipc.html),
but these pages are not indexed and can only be discovered by searching. Is this something
that is being worked on?

Thank you.

Best,
Xiaozhen Liu