arrow-user mailing list archives

From Troy Zimmerman <tazimmer...@me.com>
Subject Does gandiva support the unary minus operator?
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2020 19:42:19 GMT
Hi,

I’ve written a small library that uses the ast module to parse a Python expression into
a Gandiva expression tree. I’d like to able to do numeric negation (i.e. -x) in an expression,
but I’ve I looked through the source code and haven’t found a way to achieve this. (I
could also be missing an obvious workaround.)

Separately, are there any tutorials on using the Python bindings for Gandiva? If not, would
the project be open to such a contribution? At the moment I’ve got scattershot notes of
what I’ve learned from digging through the source, but could organize them into a brief
tutorial or cookbook.

Best,
Troy