arrow-user mailing list archives

From paddy horan <paddyho...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Rust - compiling arrow with stable release
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2020 14:57:30 GMT
Hi Eyal,

Currently you do need to use nightly.  Getting back onto stable is a goal of the project,
we pushed back on PRs that added further nightly features and moved explicit SIMD into an
opt-in feature (which requires nightly).

Specialization is the last main feature on nightly that we need. There have been discussions
about the fact that alternative implementations may be possible that would not need this feature
but no-one as yet has had the time to investigate this.

In summary, we all want to get onto stable but at the moment nightly is required.

Paddy

________________________________
From: Eyal Leshem <eyal@satoricyber.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 10:27 AM
To: user@arrow.apache.org
Subject: Rust - compiling arrow with stable release

Hi,

I am trying to use the arrow rust binding on rust , and the compilation failed because of
the use of "#![feature(specialization)]"  , A feature that is available in the nightly release
but not in the stable .

On the other hand - I don't want to compile the whole project with the nightly compiler. Is
there a way to workaround this issue?

thanks ,
Eyal