arrow-user mailing list archives

From Damien Chaillou <damien.chail...@gmail.com>
Subject Example for Apache Arrow Flight
Date Wed, 13 May 2020 00:43:41 GMT
Hi!

I'm currently playing with Apache Arrow Flight in java and cant get my head
around how to implement something.
In the *doGet* method, for example, I'm doing simple JDBC calls that I
would like to stream over.
If I understand correctly, the *FlightData*'s body should be a ArrowMessage
serialised as a ByteString (?) I built from a ResultSet from my JDBC call.
I though using JdbcToArrow
<https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/java/adapter/jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/arrow/adapter/jdbc/JdbcToArrow.java#L149>
helper
class to help, but I can't find any example of how to do such thing.
I came with few questions :

   - What is the data we must set in dataBody ?
   - If those are ArrowMessages, how can I map a ResultSet to this type?
   - How do we serialise to ByteString objects typed like ArrowMessage,
   Schema ... ?

Could anyone point a piece of code/blog post/anything to me please ?

My toy project would be a generic proxy server in front of any database
with available JDBC drivers that could stream queries over Arrow Flight
(gRPC).

Cheers, thanks!

Damien