arrow-user mailing list archives

From Vibhatha Abeykoon <vibha...@gmail.com>
Subject PyArrow building from source issue
Date Fri, 01 May 2020 15:23:40 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to integrate Arrow with an application that I am developing.
Here I build Arrow from the source (CPP) and use the API to develop some
custom functions to do a scientific calculation after data loaded with
Arrow table API. On top of this, I develop a Cython API to design a python
API.

In the current stage, I have a new necessity where I need to consume Arrow
Cython API for my code.

Here It was hard to link the build libarrow.so.16 with the
libarrow_python.so.16 from the installed pyarrow (separately from pip).
What I realised was everything has to be built from the same source, so
that I can install pyarrow from the source in my virtual environment.

Before going through deeper things, I started by just building from source
(CPP) and then moving towards installing pyarrow from the source.

I tried to follow the guideline form here,

https://arrow.apache.org/docs/developers/python.html,

But when I found issues in the python build, I followed this source,
(but still, I used the clone from the master, not a released version)

https://gist.github.com/heavyinfo/04e1326bb9bed9cecb19c2d603c8d521

My environmental variables are as follows,

python3 setup.py build_ext --inplace
running build_ext
-- Running cmake for pyarrow
cmake -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/ENVARROW/bin/python3
 -DPYARROW_BUILD_CUDA=off -DPYARROW_BUILD_FLIGHT=off
-DPYARROW_BUILD_GANDIVA=off -DPYARROW_BUILD_DATASET=off
-DPYARROW_BUILD_ORC=off -DPYARROW_BUILD_PARQUET=on
-DPYARROW_BUILD_PLASMA=off -DPYARROW_BUILD_S3=off
-DPYARROW_BUILD_HDFS=off -DPYARROW_USE_TENSORFLOW=off
-DPYARROW_BUNDLE_ARROW_CPP=off -DPYARROW_BUNDLE_BOOST=off
-DPYARROW_GENERATE_COVERAGE=off -DPYARROW_BOOST_USE_SHARED=on
-DPYARROW_PARQUET_USE_SHARED=on -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release
/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/python
-- System processor: x86_64
-- Arrow build warning level: PRODUCTION
Using ld linker
Configured for RELEASE build (set with cmake
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE={release,debug,...})
-- Build Type: RELEASE
-- Build output directory:
/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/python/build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/release
-- Arrow version: 0.18.0 (HOME:
/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/cpp/arrowmylibs)
-- Arrow SO and ABI version: 18
-- Arrow full SO version: 18.0.0
-- Found the Arrow core shared library:
/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/cpp/arrowmylibs/libarrow.so
-- Found the Arrow core import library:
/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/cpp/arrowmylibs/libarrow.so
-- Found the Arrow core static library:
/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/cpp/arrowmylibs/libarrow.a
CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:146
(message):
  Could NOT find ArrowPython (missing: ARROW_PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR) (found
  version "0.18.0")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/local/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:393
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake_modules/FindArrowPython.cmake:76 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:210 (find_package)

See also "/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/python/build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
error: command 'cmake' failed with exit status 1

Maybe I am missing some step and I am not quite sure what is the issue.

Any pointers to solve this issue?

With Regards,
Vibhatha