arrow-user mailing list archives

From Vibhatha Abeykoon <vibha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PyArrow building from source issue
Date Fri, 01 May 2020 19:38:58 GMT
For the moment, I removed parquet from the build to test the idea.

export ARROW_HOME=/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/cpp/dist
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ARROW_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export PYARROW_WITH_PYTHON=1
export PYARROW_WITH_BUILD_TESTS=1

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$ARROW_HOME \

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/cpp/arrowmylibs
\
      -DARROW_WITH_BZ2=OFF \
      -DARROW_WITH_ZLIB=OFF \
      -DARROW_WITH_ZSTD=OFF \
      -DARROW_WITH_LZ4=OFF \
      -DARROW_WITH_SNAPPY=OFF \
      -DARROW_WITH_BROTLI=OFF \
      -DARROW_PARQUET=OFF \
      -DARROW_PYTHON=ON \
      -DARROW_BUILD_TESTS=ON \

-DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/ENVARROW/bin/python3
\
      ..

Then,

python3 setup.py build_ext

As I installed the libs not to /lib, but to a different directory, I added
that path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
(/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/cpp/arrowmylibs)

It cannot locate arrow libs, this is the error I got,

running build_ext
-- Running cmake for pyarrow
cmake -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/ENVARROW/bin/python3
 -DPYARROW_BUILD_CUDA=off -DPYARROW_BUILD_FLIGHT=off
-DPYARROW_BUILD_GANDIVA=off -DPYARROW_BUILD_DATASET=off
-DPYARROW_BUILD_ORC=off -DPYARROW_BUILD_PARQUET=off
-DPYARROW_BUILD_PLASMA=off -DPYARROW_BUILD_S3=off -DPYARROW_BUILD_HDFS=off
-DPYARROW_USE_TENSORFLOW=off -DPYARROW_BUNDLE_ARROW_CPP=off
-DPYARROW_BUNDLE_BOOST=off -DPYARROW_GENERATE_COVERAGE=off
-DPYARROW_BOOST_USE_SHARED=on -DPYARROW_PARQUET_USE_SHARED=on
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release /home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/python
-- System processor: x86_64
-- Arrow build warning level: PRODUCTION
Using ld linker
Configured for RELEASE build (set with cmake
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE={release,debug,...})
-- Build Type: RELEASE
-- Build output directory:
/home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/arrow/python/build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/release
CMake Error at cmake_modules/FindArrow.cmake:359 (file):
  file failed to open for reading (No such file or directory):

    /home/vibhatha/sandbox/arrow/repos/dist/include/arrow/util/config.h
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_modules/FindArrowPython.cmake:46 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:210 (find_package)

CMake Error at
/usr/local/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:146
(message):
  Could NOT find Arrow (missing: ARROW_FULL_SO_VERSION ARROW_SO_VERSION)
  (found version "0.0.0")
Call Stack (most recent call first):

/usr/local/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:393
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake_modules/FindArrow.cmake:412 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  cmake_modules/FindArrowPython.cmake:46 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:210 (find_package)

With Regards,
Vibhatha Abeykoon,
Research Assistant,