arrow-user mailing list archives

From Marc Allen <allen.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Passing data from C++ to Python
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2020 17:15:16 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to Arrow, and evaluating it for use in a library that I am
building. This library will mainly used via Python bindings (I am currently
using pybind11) around a C++ codebase. I would like to compose Arrow data
structures in C++ and return them back to Python through function calls,
ultimately resulting in a pandas dataframe. Ideally, I would not have to
use Plasma or IPC for this.

Is this a supported use model, and is there an example anywhere I could
build from? I have been reading the docs but it's not clear to me how I
would get started. Apologies if it's in there and I missed it.

Thanks,

-Marc