arrow-user mailing list archives

From David Lahn <david.l...@forwardpmx.com>
Subject Snappy Compression with red-parquet Ruby Gem
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2020 20:13:25 GMT
Hi,

Does anyone have any examples of how to output a Parquet file with Snappy compression using
the Ruby gem?

We have tested trying to set compression to “snappy” on the TableSaver, but we get the
following:

[compressed-output-stream][new]: NotImplemented: Streaming compression unsupported with Snappy
(Arrow::Error::NotImplemented)

Example:

Arrow::TableSaver.new(table, 'test.parquet', {compression: 'snappy'}).save

Or are we completely turned around on how to accomplish this?

Dave

David Lahn
DevOps Lead
Development

ForwardPMX
Privacy Policy

This e-mail is confidential to ForwardPMX intended for use by the recipient. If you received
this in error or are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
is strictly prohibited.