arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Arrow & Time series analytics
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:40:24 GMT
Raúl -- it's an aside, but could you comment on your choice of the MPL
2.0 license? It puts you in an odd no-man's land between GPL and
permissive licenses, neither satisfying GPL proponents nor allowing
reuse in Apache 2.0 projects.

Thanks

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:27 AM Simon Dumke <simon.dumke@ipp.mpg.de> wrote:

> Thanks Joris, Wes and Raul for the feedback. I'm still working on convincing other people
in our organisation that we would benefit from integrating artow into our systems and gradually
replacing differen proprietary, internal data structures ;-)

> The Khiva project sounds like a good starting point for integrating time series analytics
into the arrow-verse™, although i can not measure from some shallow looks into the code,
whether or how much thosealgorithms are working on arrow structures. I'll keep an eye on it.

> Great thanks and kind regards,
> Simon
>
> Am 7. Februar 2020 13:07:06 schrieb Raúl Bocanegra Algarra <raul.bocanegra@shapelets.io>:
>>
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> I am actually working in a Time Series data analytics platform using Apache Arrow
called Shapelets.
>> We have an open-source library called Khiva which is a collection of algorithms optimized
for GPU-CPU for time-series analysis.