arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Arrow & Time series analytics
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2020 17:43:13 GMT
Time series analytic functions (resampling / rollups, temporal joins,
and other things) are more than welcome to be developed in the Apache
Arrow codebase. This has been a popular feature area for pandas so it
makes sense to have high quality implementations of the standard
operations as part of the Arrow development platform

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 6:22 AM Joris Gillis <joris.gillis@trendminer.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon
>
> As far as I know InfluxDB 2.0 (currently in beta) will have some
> support for Apache Arrow. At least for querying data and receiving the
> result in Arrow format. I haven't found any documentation on it yet.
>
> Best regards
> Joris
>
> > On 4 Feb 2020, at 12:58, Simon Dumke <simon.dumke@ipp.mpg.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have not yet found anything in that regard - hence my asking here:
> >
> > Do you know of any application of, any library about, architecture around... Apache
Arrow for time series data analytics?