arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Arrow & Time series analytics
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:06:29 GMT
See

https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#weak-copyleft-licenses

Reuse is permitted in binary form only but MPL 2.0 is incompatible for
reuse or derivative works in source form. This means to use any of
such code as a starting point for new source code development in
Apache Arrow is not possible.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 8:02 AM Raúl Bocanegra Algarra
<raul.bocanegra@shapelets.io> wrote:

> Hi Wes,
>
> As far as we understand it we use MPL2 because you can use it privately for your projects,
but if you modify it you must contribute to our library, keeping the rest of your project
private. I wonder what kind of situation could you find that prevents you from using the library
in any Apache projects.

> Raúl Bocanegra Algarra. C++ Software Engineer.
>
> ________________________________

people in our organisation that we would benefit from integrating artow into our systems and
gradually replacing differen proprietary, internal data structures ;-)

> > The Khiva project sounds like a good starting point for integrating time series
analytics into the arrow-verse™, although i can not measure from some shallow looks into
the code, whether or how much thosealgorithms are working on arrow structures. I'll keep an
eye on it.

> > Great thanks and kind regards,
> > Simon
> >
> > Am 7. Februar 2020 13:07:06 schrieb Raúl Bocanegra Algarra <raul.bocanegra@shapelets.io>:
> >>
> >> Hi Simon,
> >>
> >> I am actually working in a Time Series data analytics platform using Apache
Arrow called Shapelets.
> >> We have an open-source library called Khiva which is a collection of algorithms
optimized for GPU-CPU for time-series analysis.