arrow-user mailing list archives

From xxwang <xiaoni.w...@obspm.fr>
Subject Re: Pyarrow installation
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2020 14:00:40 GMT
Dear all,
    I removed my previous anaconda by rm ~/anaconda. Then I reinstalled the anaconda3 and
packages (Pyarrow included). But I still got the errors:
anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyarrow/lib.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined
symbol: _ZNK5arrow6Status8ToStringB5cxx11Ev

    Thanks in advance !

Best regards

Xiaoni

> Le 7 janv. 2020 à 16:04, Uwe L. Korn <uwelk@xhochy.com> a écrit :
>
> Hello Xiaoni,
>
> it seems that you have a conda environment and also installed pyarrow with conda before.
Mixing pip and conda installs of pyarrow is not going to work. Please recreate your conda
environment and install pyarrow from conda forge using "conda config --add channels conda-forge
&& conda install pyarrow".

> Cheers
> Uwe
>
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, at 3:15 PM, xxwang wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>      I tried to installed Pyarrow (within python 3.7), by using pip install pyarrow.
The installation seems OK. But when I do «  import pyarrow», then there is an error as below.
I do not understand why ….. If you could give some help, I will greatly appreciate !