arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pyarrow installation
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2020 14:03:55 GMT
hi,

Can you show the commands you used to install pyarrow? Please also
show the output of

conda list

It looks like you have conflicting library versions installed (for
example pyarrow or arrow-cpp from conda combined with pyarrow from
PyPI)

- Wes

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 7:59 AM xxwang <xiaoni.wang@obspm.fr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>     I removed my previous anaconda by rm ~/anaconda. Then I reinstalled the anaconda3
and packages (Pyarrow included). But I still got the errors:
> anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyarrow/lib.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined
symbol: _ZNK5arrow6Status8ToStringB5cxx11Ev

>     Thanks in advance !
>
> Best regards
>
> Xiaoni
>
> Le 7 janv. 2020 à 16:04, Uwe L. Korn <uwelk@xhochy.com> a écrit :
>
> Hello Xiaoni,
>
> it seems that you have a conda environment and also installed pyarrow with conda before.
Mixing pip and conda installs of pyarrow is not going to work. Please recreate your conda
environment and install pyarrow from conda forge using "conda config --add channels conda-forge
&& conda install pyarrow".

> Cheers
> Uwe
>
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, at 3:15 PM, xxwang wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>      I tried to installed Pyarrow (within python 3.7), by using pip install pyarrow.
The installation seems OK. But when I do «  import pyarrow», then there is an error as below.
I do not understand why ….. If you could give some help, I will greatly appreciate !