arrow-user mailing list archives

From Raúl Bocanegra Algarra <raul.bocane...@shapelets.io>
Subject Re: Using Pyarrow and C++ API
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2020 16:00:57 GMT
Hi Wes,

I am checking out tag 0.15.1 from arrow repo then build my own pyarrow to have the c++11 ABI
as you recommended here: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/arrow-dev/201808.mbox/%3cCAJPUwMA2rF4ZqbLnRD0-bmfGf6ybj8n3Xi=HNKfEXs3DVc5PMw@mail.gmail.com%3e.
So I do:
$ export PYARROW_CMAKE_OPTIONS=-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/home/raul.bocanegra/Code/vcpkg/scripts/buildsystems/vcpkg.cmake
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$VCPKG_ROOT/installed/x64-linux/lib
$ python setup.py install

I modified arrow/cpp/CMakeLists.txt the line: "find_package(Arrow REQUIRED)" to "find_package(arrow
CONFIG REQUIRED)" for CMake to find the config scripts from vcpkg.
This way as you say, I don't have the bundled arrow libs, but the vcpkg ones. If I run ldd
on the python module _fs for example inside the pyarrow folder it links against the vcpkg
arrow and arrow_python libs. But on runtime it throws the fatal python error.

Anyway I am going to try building Arrow without vcpkg. I assume that the correct way to use
Arrow C++ and Arrow Python C++ api is to tell CMake that arrow libs are in pyarrow pip installation,
right? I mean, we must avoid linking libarrow.so on vcpkg folder or any other install folder
and link libarrow_python.so from pyarrow pip installation. We must link both from pyarrow
installation. Is that correct?

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Raúl Bocanegra Algarra