arrow-user mailing list archives

From Raúl Bocanegra Algarra <raul.bocane...@shapelets.io>
Subject Using Pyarrow and C++ API
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2020 03:45:21 GMT
Hi!

I am trying to use pyarrow with arrow C++ API in an application that embeds a python3 interpreter
and loads an extension module using pybind11. Documentation says C++ headers and libraries
are bundled with pyarrow but I am having some segfaults when calling some API functions like
the wrap/unwrap ones. I am calling import_pyarrow and also import_numpy but segfaults still
happening. I feel the reason is that I compile and link with my own arrow and arrow_python
libs built with vcpkg so my app links with those, but the extension module imported by the
embedded python interpreter is loading the arrow_python from the site-packages folder where
pip installed pyarrow, and that mismatch makes the segfault happen. So I was wondering if
the correct approach for a situation like this with an embedded interpreter and an extension
module that imports pyarrow is to use the headers and libs from the pyarrow installation removing
the ones from vcpkg or if you know another option I haven't contemplated yet.

Thanks for your work.

Best regards,

Raúl Bocanegra Algarra. C++ Software Engineer.