arrow-user mailing list archives

From Sutou Kouhei <...@clear-code.com>
Subject Re: Using Pyarrow and C++ API
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2020 21:29:12 GMT
Hi,

How about install pyarrow with "pip install --no-binary :all: pyarrow"?
Then you will be able to build your pyarrow with your
libarrow.so and libarrow_python.so.

Thanks,
--
kou

In
 <AM0PR01MB641703D6BA43CF50596DFD34E73D0@AM0PR01MB6417.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
  "Using Pyarrow and C++ API " on Sun, 5 Jan 2020 03:45:21 +0000,
  Raúl Bocanegra Algarra <raul.bocanegra@shapelets.io> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to use pyarrow with arrow C++ API in an application that embeds a python3
interpreter and loads an extension module using pybind11. Documentation says C++ headers and
libraries are bundled with pyarrow but I am having some segfaults when calling some API functions
like the wrap/unwrap ones. I am calling import_pyarrow and also import_numpy but segfaults
still happening. I feel the reason is that I compile and link with my own arrow and arrow_python
libs built with vcpkg so my app links with those, but the extension module imported by the
embedded python interpreter is loading the arrow_python from the site-packages folder where
pip installed pyarrow, and that mismatch makes the segfault happen. So I was wondering if
the correct approach for a situation like this with an embedded interpreter and an extension
module that imports pyarrow is to use the headers and libs from the pyarrow installation removing
the ones from vcpkg or if you know another option I haven't contemplated yet.