arrow-user mailing list archives

From xxwang <xiaoni.w...@obspm.fr>
Subject Re: Pyarrow installation
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2020 16:30:21 GMT
Hello Uwe,
     Thanks for your response. I am cleaning the installations and let us see.

Best regards
Xiaoni

> Le 7 janv. 2020 à 16:04, Uwe L. Korn <uwelk@xhochy.com> a écrit :
>
> Hello Xiaoni,
>
> it seems that you have a conda environment and also installed pyarrow with conda before.
Mixing pip and conda installs of pyarrow is not going to work. Please recreate your conda
environment and install pyarrow from conda forge using "conda config --add channels conda-forge
&& conda install pyarrow".

> Cheers
> Uwe
>
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, at 3:15 PM, xxwang wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>      I tried to installed Pyarrow (within python 3.7), by using pip install pyarrow.
The installation seems OK. But when I do «  import pyarrow», then there is an error as below.
I do not understand why ….. If you could give some help, I will greatly appreciate !

>> Best regards
>> Xiaoni
>>
>> .conda/envs/python3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyarrow/lib.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so:
undefined symbol: _ZNK5arrow6Status8ToStringB5cxx11Ev