arrow-user mailing list archives

From Clive Cox ...@seldon.io>
Subject Go / Python Sharing
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2019 05:55:16 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to understand the high level design for a system where a Go
process can communicate an Arrow data structure to a python process on the
same CPU - and for the python process to zero-copy gain access to that
data, change it and inform the Go process.  This is low latency so I don't
want to save to file.

Would this need the use of Plasma as a zero-copy store for the data between
the two processes or do I need to use IPC? But with IPC you are
transferring the data which is not needed in this case as I understand it.
Any pointers to examples would be appreciated.

 Thanks,

   Clive

--

<https://www.seldon.io>
Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London, 41 Luke Street, Shoreditch, EC2A 4DP (