arrow-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>
Subject Re: python2.7 cannot install pyarrow
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2019 08:13:58 GMT
Hello,

yes for now we support Python 2.7 on Linux but as with many other Python packages, this support
will end at the end of the year.

Uwe

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019, at 10:13 AM, black wrote:
> Hi Uwe,
>
> Thank you for you response. My system is Windows. As you say, I think the only way is
update to the python3.7 on my computer. But I just learned that my company's cluster environment
is Linux system, and I think there is no problem to install pyarrow on Linux python2.7, is
that true?

> Kind Regards
> Black

> *From:* "Uwe L. Korn"<uwelk@xhochy.com>;
> *Date:* Thu, Jul 11, 2019 04:02 PM
> *To:* "user"<user@arrow.apache.org>;
>
> *Subject:* Re: python2.7 cannot install pyarrow
>
> Hello,
>
> I guess you are on Windows? Then there is not pyarrow for Python 2.7 as Python 2.7 is
built with a too old runtime to support C++11. Either upgrade to 3.6+ or use a Unix-based
System.

> Uwe
>
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019, at 9:14 AM, black wrote:
>> I have tried many ways but failed. I am in urgent need of your help. I hope to get
your reply as soon as possible.Thank you.

>> At first, I tried use "pip install pyarrow" to install pyarrow. But I got a hint
that python3.5 and up is only supported.
>> After that, I use Anaconda Navigator GUI to install and use command "conda install
-c conda-forge pyarrow" in Anaconda Powershell Prompt.
>> But I got the same problem......
>>
>> And I tried to download the 0.9.0 pyarrow package, After decompressing, use the "python
setup.py install" command, I got the other problem.It say "error: command 'cmake' failed:
No such file or directory"

>> Since my company's development environment is python2.7, I can only use it. I know
that it is very easy to install successfully in Python3.7, but I can't use it. If you know
any way to help me, please let me know as soon as possible. Even if not, I also thank you
very much.