arrow-user mailing list archives

From Nirmala S <nanna.tech.st...@gmail.com>
Subject Caching layer using arrow
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:46:15 GMT
Hi,

	I am trying to build a caching layer using Arrow on top of ORC files. The application will
ask for a column(which can be of any data type - fixed, variable length) of data from the
cache, the cache needs to check it’s metadata to see if the column is already present. If
yes, it can return the data to application. If not the data needs to be fetched from ORC files,
cached and then returned to application. The application is multi-threaded and is based on
C++. Application has a read-only workload.

	This being the case what is the best method to maintain the metadata and the data in Arrow,
is there any good practise ?

	If cache size is smaller than the ORC file size, should I be putting in a logic to swap the
data using some algorithm like LRU or is this already present in Arrow ?

Thanks in advance
Nirmala