Note that the instructions were created just for myself, I just thought that these might be useful for answering your questions.

Best regards,
Pearu

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 12:56 AM Andrew Palumbo <ap.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
Pearu,
I just tried building py-arrow with cuda, using the cheat-sheet that you sent,  Thanks very much, all modules seem to be building, but I think there is a step that is missing,  I had a question that I was hoping you could answer; After setting up the environment, configuring and building, there is a comment in the `make format` line:

make format # after changing cpp/ files

could you explain what this means ( "After changing cpp/ files") I seem to be failing here.

I can post a gist as wes mentioned if need be, but I believe that it has something to do with this comment.

Thanks very much, again for the instructions.

--andy

From: Pearu Peterson <pearu.peterson@quansight.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:24 PM
To: user@arrow.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cant build py-arrow with CUDA

Hi,
Here's mine cheat-sheet for building pyarrow with CUDA support (using conda dependencies):
  https://github.com/Quansight/pearu-sandbox/blob/master/README-pyarrow.md
HTH,
Pearu

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:11 AM Andrew Palumbo <ap.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
Hello,
I've been trying to build py-arrow with CUDA support, unsuccessfully for some time.
I've tried the directions here:

with -DARROW_CUDA=ON in thr cmake build, with no luck.  I'm running Python3.6 on linux.

I've gone through the cpp dir and the python dir and configured cmake with ccmake; No luck.  I have built py-arrow several times without CUDA support, but am very interested in the numba integration.

Is there anything Obvious that I am missing?

Thanks,

Andy