arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building pyarrow for global use within Alpine
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2019 19:24:35 GMT
Is there something here that should be added or changed in our build
documentation?

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 10:09 AM Shade Alabsa <shade34321@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I tried that and it didn't work, but I probably did something wrong.
I actually asked on the GH issue as well and a person replied with a gist which did work for
the step I needed. Though it broke a step down the line. Thanks for the reply though. Below
are the links to the gist he created which worked.

> https://gist.github.com/bskaggs/fc3c8d0d553be54e2645616236fdc8c6
>
> Respectfully,
> Shade Alabsa
>
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 6:08 PM Robert Nishihara <robertnishihara@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It looks like the stackoverflow post suggests running "python setup.py build_ext",
but if you want it to be installed you need to run "python setup.py develop" or "python setup.py
install".

>> On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 1:01 PM Shade Alabsa <shade34321@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've recently tried to build pyarrow for use within a docker container running
alpine linux. I found a SO post which links to a GH issue where it lists steps to build it
from source. I followed those steps and was successful in building it but I can only use it
when I start the python shell from within the /arrow/python directory. Is there a step missing
or am I missing something for using pyarrow globally within this container? Any help would
be appreciated. Thank you!