arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cant build py-arrow with CUDA
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 02:09:26 GMT
Andy -- I'm guessing you don't have clang-format-7 installed. Running
"make format" is only needed if you are doing development on the C++
codebase

Unfortunately the C++ README is a bit out of date regarding the move
from LLVM 6 to LLVM 7

https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/cpp/README.md#linting

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 5:52 PM Andrew Palumbo <ap.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

> Great, thanks Pearu the instructions are a great start, I'll put up a gist, and maybe
you or Wes could take a look when you get a chance?

> Thanks again.
>
> --andy
> ________________________________

C++ files that fixes any source formatting issues that I might have introduced when modifying
the source files. You don't have to run it.

> I cannot explain why `make format` is failing for you without seeing the failure messages.
>
> Note that the instructions were created just for myself, I just thought that these might
be useful for answering your questions.

> Best regards,
> Pearu
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 12:56 AM Andrew Palumbo <ap.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Pearu,
> I just tried building py-arrow with cuda, using the cheat-sheet that you sent,  Thanks
very much, all modules seem to be building, but I think there is a step that is missing,
I had a question that I was hoping you could answer; After setting up the environment, configuring
and building, there is a comment in the `make format` line:

> make format # after changing cpp/ files
>
> could you explain what this means ( "After changing cpp/ files") I seem to be failing
here.

> I can post a gist as wes mentioned if need be, but I believe that it has something to
 do with this comment.

> Thanks very much, again for the instructions.
>
> --andy

luck.  I have built py-arrow several times without CUDA support, but am very interested in
the numba integration.