arrow-user mailing list archives

From Sebastien Binet <bi...@cern.ch>
Subject Re: Go Plasma Client
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 13:51:22 GMT
hi,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 9:36 PM Robert Nishihara <robertnishihara@gmail.com>
wrote:

> You're right currently you can use the Plasma store from Python, Java, and
> C++. I'm not sure what the best tool would be for Go. The C++ API is
> intended to be wrapped from other languages, so it should be doable.
>
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 1:18 AM Clive Cox <cc@seldon.io> wrote:
>
>> How easy is it to add clients for the Plasma store in other languages?
>> At present there is just Java using JNI to the C++ code if I am correct?
>> I'm interested in a Go client. Would the best be to use a tool like SWIG?

if there's already a .i SWIG file ready, yes. (the `gc` compiler has
builtin support for SWIG.)
but otherwise, I would recommand just using the usual `cgo` system:
- https://blog.golang.org/c-go-cgo

that said, it'd be great to have a pure Go implementation: much easier
cross-compilation, deployment, compilation speed track story.
(but nothing against the cgo approach first to get off the ground and
replace later on with a pure-Go one, of course.)

hth,
-s