arrow-user mailing list archives

From ALBERTO Bocchinfuso <alberto_boc...@hotmail.it>
Subject R: IPC Example
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2018 18:31:53 GMT
I want to reinforce this request. I am interested in the same topic.
I’d like an example specially focused on the creation of a RecordBatch passed from a Java
program to a python one and vice-versa.

Thanks,
Alberto

________________________________
Da: Clive Cox <cc@seldon.io>
Inviato: Saturday, September 1, 2018 6:12:29 PM
A: user@arrow.apache.org
Oggetto: IPC Example

Hi,

 Is there any example of how to do say Java - Python IPC? I'm not sure how to get started.

 I'm thinking of using Arrow IPC to replace REST/gRPC APIs for communication when everything
can be run on a single computer node and low-latency is the goal - hoping to remove the cost
of serialization/deserialization and network costs. Would this make sense.

 Thanks,

 Clive