arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Grove <andygrov...@gmail.com>
Subject Some more info on Rust and crates.io
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 02:34:16 GMT
So, I'm still learning about the Rust packaging process too.I tried
releasing my project DataFusion by specifying the Arrow github repo as a
dependency instead of referencing crates.io and this is the error I
received. I thought it would be worth sharing.

$ cargo publish
    Updating registry `https://github.com/rust-lang/crates.io-index`
error: crates cannot be published to crates.io with dependencies sourced
from a repository
either publish `arrow` as its own crate on crates.io and specify a crates.io
version as a dependency or pull it into this repository and specify it with
a path and version
(crate `arrow` has repository path `
https://github.com/apache/arrow?rev=708175268d498a85ef81ae7438374a2c6fb00b6c`
)