arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Bryant Menn <bryant.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Troubleshooting large number of nested items
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 04:17:03 GMT
I am attempting to troubleshoot and provide a patch if I am capable for
ARROW-2367 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-2367). From what I
can tell from gdb on a debug build of master, I believe the issue to be
lists in individual rows in an Pandas dataframe/series being stored as a
single BinaryArray instead of a ChunkedArray when the size of the total
column data exceeds the max int32 size.

How would I confirm this hunch? Apologies if this something
straightforward; new to the project and this is my first time debugging a
Python C/C++ extension.

Thanks,

Bryant