arrow-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>
Subject Tasks for upcoming Hackathons & Sprints
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2018 15:28:50 GMT
Hello all,

in the next weeks and months some of us are taking part in Hackathons and Sprints and hope
to attract new people to Arrow development. This includes:

* MAN AHL Hackathon in 2 weeks: https://www.ahl.com/hackathon
* PyCon US in May: https://us.pycon.org/2018/community/sprints/
* PyCon DE in October: https://de.pycon.org/

To get people on board and have things they can work on, I'm collecting possible tasks. To
make these tasks visible, we should flags simple things that everyone could work on with a
"beginner" label in JIRA so they appear in https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343593
If you can also think of things to work on that are good for getting started with Arrow development
and yet no ticket exists, please make one even if you don't plan to work on it. It might be
a good indicator for someone else on how they could get started.

Cheers
Uwe