activemq-users mailing list archives

From deepak_a <angesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to encrypt password in broker-config.xml and ra.xml
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 10:17:23 GMT
Hi,

Thanks - I am already using security-domain for encrypting my database
connection password (in Jboss datasource).

This datasource is referred in broker-config.xml as a JNDI - so activeMQ
uses this encrypted password when it connects to the database.

My concern is the cleartext password I am using in
<simpleAuthenticationPlugin> in broker-config.xml and <config-property>  in
ra.xml

After adding the 3 beans : environmentVariablesConfiguration,
configurationEncryptor and propertyConfigurer - I notice that activeMQ
doesn't start properly.

(Starting ActiveMQ Broker) Could not start up embeded ActiveMQ Broker
'xbean:broker-config.xml': null

As per link: http://activemq.apache.org/encrypted-passwords.html

It looks like I also need to set/unset environment variable.
Can some one point out how to do this when integrating ActivemQ + JBoss.

regards
#D