activemq-users mailing list archives

From fredri <jfgaudrea...@pelmorex.com>
Subject Websocket + MQTT + NIO: Scaling
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 23:41:41 GMT
I am using the mqttws31.js library in a HTML page to connect to ActiveMQ
using the websocket transport which uses MQTT.
While doing some testing with multiple clients (about 500 connections so
far), I noticed the number of thread is growing to over 500, so I assume
there is one thread per connection.

I thought the ActiveMQ websocket implementation uses jetty which then uses
NIO, but then why is it instantiating so many thread?

All my clients are subscribing to the same topic and I only have 1 publisher
sending very small messages.

My transport is defined like this in ActiveMQ config:
<transportConnector name="ws"
uri="ws://0.0.0.0:13246?maximumConnections=10000"/>

I am using ActiveMQ version 5.9.1 on Windows 2008 R2 x64 with java 8u5 x64.

Thank you,
Freyd