zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Zookeeper client with single address pointing to multiple servers
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2019 16:58:16 GMT
On 9/27/2019 9:24 AM, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> are you making the assumption that you have a single machine that will
> always be up? that is not a common assumption these days, which is why
> solr might be resistant to such a change.
>
> you can have a single DNS name resolve to multiple IP addresses and
> ZooKeeper client will use all those addresses if you don't like
> specifying a list on all the clients.

Is there something in the ZK client API that will allow Solr to ask the
ZK client for a list of active servers that it is connected to?

Currently Solr just parses the zkHost string to obtain a server list for
the "ZK status" portion of our admin UI.  This code was written when we
used ZK 3.4.x ... but because we're now using 3.5.x which has dynamic
reconfiguration, the list of active servers can be different than the
zkHost string used when Solr started.

Thanks,
Shawn