zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From LEE Ween Jiann <wjlee.2...@phdcs.smu.edu.sg>
Subject Re: Zookeeper client with single address pointing to multiple servers
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2019 15:56:52 GMT
Thanks Ben. I'll continue to use the headless service which resolves to multiple IP.

On 27/9/19, 11:24 PM, "Benjamin Reed" <breed@apache.org> wrote:

    are you making the assumption that you have a single machine that will
    always be up? that is not a common assumption these days, which is why
    solr might be resistant to such a change.

    you can have a single DNS name resolve to multiple IP addresses and
    ZooKeeper client will use all those addresses if you don't like
    specifying a list on all the clients.

    ben

    On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 8:19 AM LEE Ween Jiann
    <wjlee.2019@phdcs.smu.edu.sg> wrote:

    > Thanks, I'm not sure whether Solr would make those change. I will ask them.
    >
    > Any reason for this design?
    >
    > On 27/9/19, 10:43 PM, "Cee Tee" <c.turksema@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >     You could do that as follows:
    >
    >     1 Connect to a single always online entrypoint zookeeper of the zookeeper
    >     cluster.
    >     2 get Data the config node at /zookeeper/config
    >     3 parse it into a multinode connect string and reconnect using that string.
    >

    >     On 27 September 2019 16:33:48 LEE Ween Jiann <wjlee.2019@phdcs.smu.edu.sg>
    >     wrote:
    >
    >     > Hi,
    >     >
    >     > From the Zookeeper constructore in JAVA API:
    >     > “To create a ZooKeeper client object, the application needs to pass a
    >     > connection string containing a comma separated list of host:port pairs,
    >     > each corresponding to a ZooKeeper server.”
    >     >
    >     > I see that zookeeper resolves all the IPs from an address and randomly
    >     > picks one. Why would multiple addresses, one for each server be needed?
Why