zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From John Lindwall <john.lindw...@gmail.com>
Subject Ephemeral nodes not removed
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2019 06:28:43 GMT
ZooKeeper 3.4.6-1569965

In our environment we seem to have a situation where ephemeral znodes
are not getting removed after the zookeeper session has been
terminated.  We can see examples of znodes that were created 3-4 days
past that still exist, though the zk sessions bound to those znodes
should no longer exist.

Note that we've had this cluster running to about 4 years and have not
seen this problem until recently.

1. I am wondering if there are any known issues that would affect our
zookeeper version that may cause this behavior?
2. Is it possible our servers are simply in a "bad state" and a simple
reboot might clean things up?
3. Any tips on diagnosing this?

We noticed this issue from 2011 but that seems to have been fixed in our
branch.

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1208>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1208

I also see this issue which it seems was never resolved?

Thanks,
John Lindwall