zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Can SSL capability be satisfied by a smaller dependency than netty-all?
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2019 20:11:36 GMT
We neglected to notice that netty is a required dependency for ZK SSL
when we upgraded to ZK 3.5.5 in Solr.  We have an issue to track this:

I was noticing that the netty-all jar included in ZK is nearly 4MB ...
and we will have to include it twice in the Solr download because it is
needed for the SolrJ client as well as the Solr server.  The Solr
download is already quite large ... increasing it by another 7MB is painful.

I'm hoping that ZK's SSL capability can be satisfied by one of the
smaller netty jars, rather than netty-all.  Is that a question that can
be answered here on the ZK list?  The specific class that is mentioned
by the error is included in netty-transport.

Thanks,
Shawn