zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Limit on zookeeper ephemeral nodes
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2019 03:20:10 GMT
On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 4:45 PM alwin james <jamealwi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I would like to understand, as part of maintaining a healthy zookeeper
> cluster, does the number of ephemeral nodes important? If so, is there any
> soft/hard limit on the number?

No limits outside the heap.

> Or is it more on the amount of data in each node that is important?

Yes, that will really be your limit.

> What are the other important health checks typically done in production
> systems?
> Any help/pointers is highly appreciated.

Take a look at the admin server via jetty, it provides a bunch of metrics
that are good to monitor in production. I believe there has been a bunch of
work recently to add more (I have not been following):
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.5.4-beta/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkCommands

Patrick